HAIR DO'S & DON'TS (ft. Madison Reed) ♡

by - January 30, 2016

Hello my loves! How is your weekend going so far? I'm still struggling with my finals but I thought I should share this fun post with you. It's all about hair!
Long story short, I teamed up with Madison Reed to share with you our favorite hair do and don'ts and bust some popular myths. Although I'm no hair expert, I do work with a popular hair salon so I know some tricks. If you want the opinion of the pros though, you can check out the list at the end of the post! Also, you can take a fun hair color quiz! Now let's see my list...

DO

 - Cut your split ends at home: Just take a small pair of scissors-the one you would use for your nails-and when you see a split end cut it. It's important to cut right where it starts, otherwise you'll end up with completely messed up hair.
- Use hair masks(DIY or not):  to hydrate and strengthen your hair, especially if you are an avid heat lover.
- Wash the night before: It saves you so much time in the morning! If you take that extra time to put them in a tight bun or braid etc. and prep them right, I guarantee you'll wake up with perfect ready-to-go hair!
- Let your hair dry before blow drying: You should let your hair air dry or dry in the towel up to 80% before you use heat. Not only it takes less time, but it also causes less damage.

DON'T

- DIY lighter hair: I'm usually all about DIYs but, trust me, this one doesn't work. If you have dark hair and you want to go lighter or add highlights and stuff, don't try it at home. At least not at first. I tried to go blonder at home and I ended up with orange hair XD

- Bleach too often: It damages the hair and makes it weaker. Enjoy your natural hair color as long as you can ;)
- Comb curly hair: Unless you want to look like a frizzy poodle. In that case, go for it! Brush your hair after you wash it, only while it's still wet, to detangle it. Otherwise you'll ruin your beautiful curls.
- Trust Pinterest too much: Or any other hair DIY you find online. Be extra careful, because some tricks/treatments etc. don't work for everyone(or anyone!).


What do you guys think? What are your hair do's and don'ts? Let me know in the comments below♥

You May Also Like

0 σχόλια