ALEXANDER WANG x H&M

by - October 25, 2014

alexander wang heaven online

Hey guys! How are you all? I'm super tired since yesterday was the first day of Athens Exclusive Designers Week. It was great, but my stamina is not at it's best this year. I'll tell you more about Fashion Week in the future. Right now, I wanted to talk to you about the new collection that Alexander Wang designed for H&M.

I know I should have made this post way earlier, but honestly, I didn't have the time. After all, I can say I'm not as impressed as I expected to be. 

I absolutely love Alexander Wang, since he's so young and talented. His clothes combine perfectly casual and dressy, sporty and feminine. But, unfortunately, most of us normal people, can't really afford his designs. So, you can all guess how excited I was when I heard about his upcoming collab with H&M.

I got my first hint that I wasn't going to love it as much as I thought, when I saw Rihanna wearing tights and a matching crop top from the collection. Ten days ago, after the big party, the entire collection was revealed on vogue.co.uk

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like it. In fact, there are some pieces that I would totally wear. But I don't LOVE it. The style is way too masculine, not androgynous chic, but chunky and sporty. I like the fact that it's all black, white and grey, but I wish it was a little more feminine. I get though that he wanted to show the strong, independant woman, the fighter.

The good news is that everyone will know that you are wearing Alexander Wang, since almost every piece says so. I'm really looking forward to seeing the collection in stores, and maybe buying a couple of things.

What do you think? Do you like this collection?





























































You May Also Like

4 σχόλια

  1. Τα χρωματα μου αρεσουν αλλα συμφωνω,ειναι πολυ ανδρικο στιλ!!:/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ναι...αλλα θα δειξει οταν τα δουμε και απο κοντα! ^*

      Delete
  2. That's a truly awesome collection, it reminds me a lot of the Cara for DKNY one!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you're right! it really does...but I don't know which one I prefer(:

      Delete